The Softform Premier is widely recognised among healthcare professionals as a leading pressure reducing static mattress. The introduction of the Active2 system takes this a stage further, offering the option of an alternating surface on which to nurse patients.
The unique design of the Softform Premier Active2 features an alternating air insert beneath the castellated foam insert of the Softform Premier mattress. The mattress retains its properties as a high risk static mattress, but should clinical judgement determine that the patient requires stepping up to a dynamic surface, then a discreet pump can be fitted to the air insert, transforming the mattress into an alternating surface delivering additional levels of pressure relief. There is no requirement to move the patient, thereby minimising any discomfort.
The pump will assess individual patients weights, and adjust levels of inflation accordingly. The air cells alternate on a ten minute cycle beneath the foam insert, delivering a very low impact at the point of change, thereby delivering high levels of comfort in addition to improved pressure reduction.
- Air-flo insert contained within classic Softform Premier mattress foam construction
- Intelligent pump can gauge patient weight
- Alternating inflation of air cells every 10 minutes
- Unique design of air channels
- Mattress does not require turning
- Two-way stretch PU waterproof cover
- High frequency welded seams
- Air system placed beneath foam insert
- Full length flap conceals the zip
- Toughened PU coated base
- Double coated PU sides
- Single piece foam U core
- Zipped for ease of removal
- Inner surface light in colour
- Top cover is fully detachable